Teide Cable Car, in Teide National Park, Tenerife, the Canary Islands, a great trip to Spain’s highest volcano. Live the experience of gliding over a geological gem where volcanoes, craters and lava flows form an impressive palette of colours and volcanic shapes you won’t find anywhere else in the world.
• Tickets with an assigned session
• Teide Cable Car return ticket
• Audio guide (English, German, Spanish, French and Russian)
What’s not included:
• Permit to ascend the peak of Teide
• A guide
• Access for visitors with physical disabilities or motor impairments
• The Cable Car is open from 9.00am to 5.00pm, except in the the summer months. From July to September, opening times are extended to 7.00pm. In October, up until the clock change, opening times are from 9.00am to 5.30pm.
• The stay at the upper station is limited to one hour. Those visitors who have a permit to access the crater can extend this limited time up to 2 hours to complete the activity. • Last admission: At 4.00pm. In July, August and September, at 6.00pm. In October (up until the clock change) at 4.30pm.
• Last descent:
o 27/09/2019 to 26/10/2019: last descent at 5.20pm.
o 27/10/2019 to 03/04/2020: last descent at 4.50pm.
Journey time: 8 minutes.
• The audio guides are available in the following languages: English, German, Spanish, French and Russian. In order to receive an audio guide it is necessary to leave your passport/ID card or a deposit of €50.00 which will be returned to you when you return the audio guide. You should pick up your audio guide 30 minutes before your session at the Information Point located outside the building. Audio guides are included free of charge in the package tickets + audio guide for children.
• You must show up at the Cable Car boarding area with your ticket, either printed or on your mobile phone, 20 minutes prior to the time slot specified on your ticket, although we recommend that you show up at the premises of the Cable Car at least half an hour prior to the boarding time, in order to have enough time to park, etc. If you arrive late you will lose the right to board and you will be assigned the next boarding time available.
• People with heart problems, pregnant women, and children under 3 are not allowed to ascend by cable car due to the risk that high altitude poses to their health. If you have any health problems, consult your doctor before planning your visit or booking your Mount Teide Cable Car tickets.
• In accordance with current regulations, persons with any physical disability or motor impairment are not permitted to make the ascent by cable car, because of the potential risks if the vehicle has to be evacuated.It is essential to bear in mind that in the event of the failure of the cable car system due to unexpected technical reasons, passengers already at the upper station will have to make their descent on foot and using steep mountain paths.
Children ( 3- 13 years) : 13,50€
The Lower Station
The lower station is easy to reach by road and stands at 2,356 m above sea level. These modern facilities are equipped with two cabins that can hold a maximum of 44 passengers and travel to the top in under 8 minutes. The lower station offers spectacular views of the peaks surrounding Mt Teide.
The lower station has a rest area, coffee shop and self-service restaurant with splendid views of Teide National Park, a shop and public toilets.
The Upper Station
The upper station has a small foyer that leads directly outside. It is equipped with Wi-Fi, toilets and Spain’s highest public telephone. There is no coffee shop, and you are recommended to come prepared for changes in temperature. Located at 3,555 m altitude, the upper station is the starting point for marvelous routes.
The option to take the cable car will always be conditional on the weather or technical problems do not prevent the cable car. If for any reason the cable car does not work, if the tickets have not been used, the customer will be refunded the amount thereof.
Children Aged: from 3 to 13. Children under 3 are not allowed to participate